> We have developed here a large Haskell program with ghc-2.08.
> Now we want to
> extend it by a graphical user interface, preferably using
> Haskell as well. I am
> aware of Fudgets and Haggis, but it seems that their
> development ceased in 1996
> (correct?). Obviously we are searching for a library which
> will still be
> supported for some time (we are currently moving to ghc-3.0x,
> because we need
> HDirect). I worked a bit with TKGofer and liked it. Also I
> have more trust in
> the future of an interface to TK than a library that is
> developed from scratch.
>
> Are there other choices? Is there a TKHaskell (under
> development)? Does anybody
> have experiences with using one of these GUI libraries?
>
> I'm sure we are not the only ones interested in this subject.

I'm sure you're not! (Though I don't think anyone else replied to your
message, surprisingly.)

Here's what I know about:

- Chris Dornan is developing a Tk/Haskell. I don't think he's publicly
  released a version yet, though.

- Sigbjorn Finne plans to release a version of Haggis that works with
  the latest GHC, in the next month or two.

- Meruig Sage is working on sort of combination of Haggis, Fran, and Clock.

- Enno Scholz has a working Pidgets system.

- Einar Karlsson made a sort of Tk/Haskell system for his programming
  environment work.

- Magnus Carlsson and Thomas Hallgren's Fudgets is still alive and kicking.

I don't think any of these apart from Fudgets is currently released, stable,
and actively maintained;  nor, even if they
were, do their authors believe that they are the last word (but they should
speak for themselves).  The situation is far from satisfactory.  Plenty of
space for people to make their mark.  A big part of the problem is that
it's a *lot* of work to implement such a system.

Simon