Jan Skibinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Any good idea? First prize: a bottle of something good. :-)

The easiest ought to simply have enough granularity in the
gettimeofday() or equivalent.  Sure you can guess the approximate time
in hours or seconds, but can you guess it in micro- or nanoseconds?

(Is there a clock cycle counter on modern CPUs?  That would give you
ns resolution, on modern hardware).  Modern motherboards also have
temperature and voltage sensors - although I don't know if the
granularity is good enough.

-kzm