Hi Hal,

On Saturday 30 August 2003 01:39, Hal Daume III wrote:
> If you use Haskell for a purpose *other than* one of those listed below,
> I'd love to hear.  I don't need a long report, anything from a simple "I
> do" to a paragraph would be fine, and if you want to remain anonymous
> that's fine, too.

Together with Ralf Laemmel I have applied Haskell for processing not only
Haskell itself, but also Cobol and Java. See:

http://homepages.cwi.nl/~ralf/padl03/

And a quote from the abstract:

In a selection of case studies, we demonstrate that typed functional
programming in Haskell, augmented with Strafunski's support for generic
traversal and external components, is very appropriate for the development of
practical language processors. In particular, we discuss using Haskell for
Cobol reverse engineering, Java code metrics, and Haskell re-engineering.

Then again, we are not using only Haskell, since we resort to external
components e.g. for parsing.

Regards,
Joost

--
Dr. ir. Joost Visser   | Departamento de Informática
phone  +351-253-604461 | Universidade do Minho