OOn 14/05/12 04:03 AM, Michael G Schwern wrote:
AFAIK none of that is part of the Javascript language (ie. the ECMAscript).
They're all special objects with their own standards and require special
implementations.  I don't believe you can write them in Javascript.  And it's
all fairly recent history for Javascript.

While this is true, it's the case of many languages that the functions aren't strictly part of the language, they're part of the standard library set. And being a hosted language you can't really write most of its significant functions in Javascript itself.

But, that is another good point:
* We'll add file access and persistent storage later