On 22/01/2015 7:18 AM, Harms, Michael wrote:

> 'dcm2nii' is a DICOM to NIFTI converter.  Since the HCP doesn't release
> the DICOMs, you have no reason to apply it to HCP data.

That is not true, check the documentation.

Dcm2nii also splits 4D Niftis into 3D Niftis and vice versa as well as
converting to/from: Analyze fromat, as a joint Nifti image or as
.hdr/.img split files as well as converting to/from the gzipped
(.nii.gz) Nifti format:

http://www.mccauslandcenter.sc.edu/mricro/mricron/dcm2nii.html

And it definitely works with the HCP Nifti files, under both Win7 64 bit
and Ubuntu.

Thanks.

Bryan.

> [...]
> <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
> Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] failed to find header file for 'rfMRI_REST1_LR'
>
> Hi Michael
>
> I'm trying to convert the 4D images to 3D ones. Neither "dcm2nii" (
> developed by chris roden) nor fslsplit (FSL command) doesn't work.
> Really appreciate your help.
>
> Thanks,
> Yamur
>
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Harms, Michael <mha...@wustl.edu
> <mailto:mha...@wustl.edu>> wrote:
>

>     Hi,
>     You're going to need to provide more specifics, such as exactly what
>     commands you used.
>
>     cheers,
>     -MH
>
>     --
>     Michael Harms, Ph.D.
>     -----------------------------------------------------------
>     Conte Center for the Neuroscience of Mental Disorders
>     Washington University School of Medicine
>     Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134
>     660 South Euclid Ave.Tel: 314-747-6173 <tel:314-747-6173>
>     St. Louis, MO  63110Email: mha...@wustl.edu <mailto:mha...@wustl.edu>
>
>     From: yamur osmanova <yamur.osmanova1...@gmail.com
>     <mailto:yamur.osmanova1...@gmail.com>>
>     Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 1:42 PM
>     To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org
>     <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
>     <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org <mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
>     Subject: [HCP-Users] failed to find header file for 'rfMRI_REST1_LR'
>
>     Dear Matt and HCP list
>
>     There is some thing wrong with rest images,following is the result
>     of fslsplit
>
>     ERROR (nifti_image_read): failed to find header file for
>     'rfMRI_REST1_LR'
>     ** ERROR: nifti_image_open(rfMRI_REST1_LR): bad header info
>     Error: failed to open file rfMRI_REST1_LR
>     Cannot open volume rfMRI_REST1_LR for reading!
>
>     Any suggestions?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Yamur

>     ____
>
>     __ __

>     The materials in this message are private and may contain Protected
>     Healthcare Information or other information of a sensitive nature.
>     If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any
>     unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in
>     reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
>     If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify
>     the sender via telephone or return mail.

> The materials in this message are private and may contain Protected
> Healthcare Information or other information of a sensitive nature. If
> you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized
> use, disclosure, copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the
> contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via

Bryan Paton, PhD

770 Blackburn Rd
Building 220, Rm 141
Monash University
Clayton, VIC, 3168
Australia

+613 990 29790

Research Fellow, School of Psychological Sciences

EEG Lab Manager
EEG & fMRI, TMS, TMS & EEG Liaison
Monash Biomedical Imaging
770 Blackburn Rd, Clayton VIC