From: Jenny Gilbert <jennyrg...@gmail.com<mailto:jennyrg...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 11:08 AM
To: Matt Glasser <glass...@wustl.edu<mailto:glass...@wustl.edu>>,
"hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] ICA failure with volumetric ICA-FIX denoised files

Hi Matt,

I appreciate your help with working through ICA using HCP data. Following your
recommendation, I converted CIFTI files to NIFTI and am trying to run through
ICA, but I am still experiencing problems.

Running ICA for 62 participants (rest1_RL session) on a high power computing
server with 72 GB mem and a time limit of 5 days, the ICA times out, and cannot
pass the first stage of removing the mean image and normalizing by the
voxel-wise variance. This is the script I'm using:
melodic -i /projects/niblab/scripts/twin/input_ica.txt --migp --sep_vn -o
/projects/niblab/scripts/twin/ica_out -v --nobet --bgthreshold=10 --tr=1 -d 50
--report --mmthresh=0.5 --Oall

>From your experience, should we expect ICA to take 5+ days to run, or is there
>a way to speed this up?

Thanks for your help!
Jenny

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 3:48 PM, Glasser, Matthew