Dear Matt and Tim,

Thanks for your help.

I moved the midthickness-new-out surface from the wb_shortcuts
-freesurfer-resample-prep command back into the FreeSurfer volume space, by
converting from RAS to voxel coordinates. This surface seemed to line up
perfectly with the orig.nii anatomical in conformed FreeSurfer space. When
I overlay the group average (s1200) myelin map on the midthickness-new-out
surface it looks like it lines up great with the gyri/sulci.

>From this I understand that the surface mesh is overlaid in such a way as
to impose anatomical correspondence between the native and HCP average
brains, but the midthickness-new-out surface is still aligned with the
native (conformed) brain. Is this correct?

I managed to get the Nearest-Neighbour-like mapping I wanted done in
Matlab. When I display this on the group average surfaces, it also looks
pretty good. I just want to check that the workbench steps I have taken are
correct.

Best wishes,

Sean