Hi,
Re (1):
If you want to work with streamlines in MNI space then you have to accept the
"drift" (volume expansion) that is part of MNI space itself.

Re (2):
Maps may be resampled to surfaces in MNI space.  But all the FreeSurfer
structural quantities that we provide in the database/spreadsheet in
ConnectomeDB are measured in the subject's real (native) space.

Cheers,
-MH

--
Michael Harms, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Psychiatry

Department of Psychiatry, Box 8134

660 South Euclid Ave.                        Tel: 314-747-6173

St. Louis, MO  63110                          Email: mha...@wustl.edu
On 7/2/18, 7:14 AM, "hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org on behalf of Claude
Bajada" <hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org on behalf of
c.baj...@fz-juelich.de> wrote:

Dear experts,

I have a few questions:

1) I am currently working on a project using tractography and the HCP
data. I have used the HCP provided FNIRT based MNI registration in order
to register individual streamlines from "native" or diffusion space (as
per post HCP minimal processing pipeline) to MNI space. However, in
Glasser 2016 supplementary text, it states that the MNI space is drifted
relative to the mean brain size of individual brains (greatest along the
x and z axes). I've been told that it is possible to "dedrift" these
data and I wonder if anyone has experience in doing this and is able to
point me in the right direction.

2) from what I understand, structural qualities such as cortical
thickness etc are measured in the individual's real space. However then,
what I do not understand is the file structure of the HCP data. The
structural measures such as cortical thickness, curvature and myelin
maps etc live in the MNINonLinear/fsaverage_LR32k rather than in the
'native space' directory. Can anyone shed light on this?

Regards,

Claude

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich