#1 can be done right away.

#2 and #3 seem like way too much work.  I doubt they will be cost effective
unless you expect to manufacture a million of them or something nutty.

I can help test #1.

I have both hdmi2usb  and a few sbc:
 pi2 pi3 and an oDroid c2 (similar, faster cpu, maybe better usb chips)

If you put a gst command in a github repo I'll try it out.

Something like this:

https://github.com/CarlFK/voctomix-outcasts/blob/master/tests/test_file.sh

Except that uses about 50% of 4 i7 cores, so there is no way 'that' will
run on a pi. but I know generating the test sources use lots of cpu, so
maybe if it is reading from hardware it will be ok.  It also encodes, which
uses more cpu.    Hopefully you can figure out how to pass though the jpeg
frames without de/encoding them.

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Sjd Aliyan <sjd.ali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to design a hdmi recorder.to capture from hdmi source to ssd
> I have some options available what do you think?
> 1-Design a hdmi to csi bridge and use it with Raspberry or some other cob.
> 2-Design video processing part based on low cost fpga and use a android
> cob for human interface.
> 3-Design everything based on fpga
> What do you suggest?
>
> --