Designing your own product is not a trivial project. The quickest way to
actually get something working would be to pair a HDMI capture solution
(like the Opsis) with a standard computer of some sort.

---

Regarding option (A)

Auvidea make HDMI to CSI boards which use a Toshiba part and have been
shown to work with the RPi. These work great when you have complete control
over the setup but do have issues with general compatibility. The RPi also
doesn't have a SSD interface at all. I would also like to eventually do a
RPi hat (or compute module motherboard) based around an Artix-7 board that
interfaces to the CSI and DSI interfaces on the RPi but we currently don't
have the developer resources to make this happen.

---

Regarding option (B)

You might be able to do something like this box ->
http://hackaday.com/2016/01/06/android-set-top-box-lets-you-stream-and-record-via-hdmi-input/
I don't have any experience with developing Android boxes.

---

Regarding option (C)

This is the most flexible and how we have chosen to do things.

You could use the Opsis board and create a small adapter which converts the
DisplayPort connectors to 4xSATA ports. You would then need to use
something like litesata (https://github.com/enjoy-digital/litesata) to
interface with the disks.

---

Tim 'mithro' Ansell