Not to throw a kink in the works, but actually I often hear the pronunciation "Breslov" (and "Breslover Hasidim"). That should probably at least be a reference heading.

For whatever it's worth, the English wikipedia entry is also "Breslov (Hasidic dynasty)", with alternate spellings Bratslav and Breslev. The Hebrew wikipedia, http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%91%D7%A8%D7%A1%D7%9C%D7%91, lists the variant cities (and vernacular spellings) by country including Ukraine (under which appears the hasidic group), Poland, Belarus, and Czech Republic. Unfortunately, the only vocalized one is the Polish city of Breslau.

Joan C Biella wrote:
It's fine with me to consider "Braslav" the "standard romanization" FROM
NOW ON.  My worry is about changing everything already in the database
from "Breslev" (or other forms) to "Braslav."
I won't do that in my database, because I know it would falsify a
number of cases where the vocalization "Breslev" was provided.  And in
future, I expect to continue to put "Breslev" whenever that vocalization
is provided.  Perhaps I should also begin putting in "T.p. (partially)
vocalized" notes if the word occurs in the 245$a, though I think it will
usually be in the 245$c (e.g., "Nahman mi-Breslev") or the 260$c
("Haside Breslev").

If there is no vocalization, it's fine with me for 246s using
romanizations other than the "standard" to be made for 245$as where we
use "Braslav."

I don't have the authority to change serial records.  If one needs
changing, please write to the Policy and Standards Division, formerly
CPSO (pol...@loc.gov).

Joan

"Rachel Simon" <rsi...@princeton.edu> 3/10/2010 9:06 AM >>>
I, too, think that in Romanizing BRSLV we should follow the
vocalization of the subject heading (and if the current is
wrong—change it).

As for cases where BRSLV is vocalized, Romanization should follow that
form, but we can always add 246 when the word is in the title.

Rachel