have you looked at using aliases?
in hemdal you can create aliases for principals as other principals
even in other realms.
it works well with a few exceptions.
1) you can only use kpasswd on the original principal or you get an error
2) kadmin has some order of operations issues with it if you use an
alias as an admin principal.
there were also 1 or 2 other weird quarks i found with it too but all
thing considered when I've worked in environment with multiple realms,
and it means that the users only have to change their password in 1
place.
that said there are usually other ways to handle this such as trusts
and cpaths which you should probably consider first.