On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 3:19 AM Harald Barth <h...@kth.se> wrote:

> Have I got this right?
>
> 1. Does write_dump(context, s, database, current_version) always write
> a comptele dump no matter the value of current_version?

Yes.  BTW, there's a bug here in that we don't remove the dump on failure
or rename it into place on success.  This means that a failure in the
middle of dumping may leave a valid-looking but incomplete dump that may
then be sent to slaves.

2. Does write_dump(context, s, database, current_version) only use
> current_version to set the version of the dump?

Yes.

3. I's named "send_complete", but what does it need the _two_ version
>    numbers for?
>    send_complete (context, s, database, current_version, oldest_version)
>    What does it use "oldest_version" for?

Answered separately.

Nico