On 02/29/2016 03:47 PM, Aurelio Colosimo wrote:
>> The merge directive works as expected, your change history is in there
>> :-) The coding standard looks good too, with two nits:
>>
>> +NO_TRACE static const char *cmdtab_enum(const char *name,
>> +    const char **h, void **ctx)
>>   {
>> +    link_t **startpos = (link_t**)ctx;
>>
>> The last line is not a continuation line, so it should come with a TAB
>> instead of four spaces.
>
> Please can you explain what do you mean for a "continuation line"? It
> seemed to me that, normally, "const char **h" would go on the previous
> line, but I'm "continuing" the parameters list in the line below, that's
> why I used spaces.

The second line of the following is a continuation line:

NO_TRACE static const char *cmdtab_enum(const char *name,
    const char **h, void **ctx)

in HelenOS, we indent continuation lines by 4 spaces relative to the
indentation level of the original line.

My comment, however, was about this line:

    link_t **startpos = (link_t**)ctx;

which is not a continuation line and needs to be indented by one tab.

>> The second nit is that sometimes you omit whitespace around *, for
>> example here:
>>
>> +       const char*(*hints_enum)(const char *, const char **, void **);
>
> Ok, I will check and fix them. About this specific function pointer, I
> wonder whether you prefer a typedef for it, e.g.:
>
> typedef const char *(*hints_enum_func_t)(const char *, const char **,
> void **);

Let's do it.

> Ok, so I think I will go on working on it, then I will propose another
> set of patches, implementing the complete feature, to be applied in
> place of the ones I sent last week.

Ok, thanks for working on this.

Jakub