Was really impressed with this suggestion back in 2010. Commented as much
then, so I must have understood what KrazyKorny meant. But today I am
staring at a bunch of 2' long pieces of 3/8" rebar wondering how I am going
to use a bumper jack to bend them to form hooks on one end?

Can anyone explain?

Or is there an even better way to make the bends?

Thanks.