I bought a Reno Hexayurt this year. Overall I was happy with it. Anyone who
has any business owning a hexayurt is aware that the tape seams need to be
covered in aluminum, and indeed I bought two rolls of aluminum tape from
Reno Hexayurts and covered the seams on the playa. But (1) it would be
REALLY nice if they offered pre-aluminized seams as an option -- I mean,
they do have three package levels -- and (2) I had to figure out on the fly
how to do this, which was not easy solo, as I was the first one in my camp
to arrive. (It involved making jigs with my coolers to hold pieces in
place.) So yes, I agree they ought to be more upfront and informative about
this. Also it would be nice if they had instructions for breaking the yurt
down. I had a hell of a time figuring out how to cut the tape seam across
the roof without shredding panel edges.

Re the exposed polyiso edges, perhaps a function of the way they were cut,
there was no leakage from mine. However...

I ordered a window cutout in a particular location, for my swamp cooler.
The cutout was at the wrong height, and in the wrong wall. So I had to cut
a new hole on the playa, which I am well aware is a bad idea. Fortunately
the wind blew all the moop into the yurt, where I could clean it up. But it
was very messy, and yes, I immediately taped those exposed edges.

Perhaps off-topic here, but perhaps not, as this appears to be a dispute
between two yurt vendors -- from what I can gather, your company rents
yurts for the playa, and Reno Hexayurts sells them. But, you appear to
charge more to rent than they do to buy? Am I misunderstanding? I guess,
however, that part of what you offer is a superior product, and on-playa
pickup and deposit, so transportation is not an issue?

Bob