My best guess for their practice of not taping with aluminum is the
assumption that most buyers will not be re-using the yurt the next year, or
will be modifying it. Sadly, perhaps for most it is in fact disposable...
it is much cheaper than renting an RV.

Ironically I spent hours taping to protect the hinges, but I'm probably
going to completely reengineer mine, requiring everything to be retaped
anyway.