The pentayurt was the snow-resistant option in the original designs that
vinay released.

I was a fan of the pentayurt, because it also takes up less sq footage on
the ground in a large camp scenario, and it automatically has a bit more
standing-height room without addition of more panels.

Here's a tour of one of the (presumably privileged) burning man nerds who
made a pentayurt, for scale and usability.

Happy to see homeless options being explored with the hexayurt! Here in
sunny and sometimes rainy San Franscisco, wind is the biggest concern I
have that leads me to want to reinforce the yurt AND solve the question of
how best to keep their lightweight materials on the ground.