Hey guys, this isn't really a coding question, but problems like this
usually fall upon the coders shoulders like it has in my mod, so I thought
I would put it out to you guys anyways ;)

We are using TFC style menus for our player class selection.  We
have  24-bit colour TGA files for each of our classes that are displayed in
the menus.  The files look fine in an editor, but when they are displayed
in-game, the colour palette is reduced which causes banding in large areas
of similar colours.  My guess is that the colours are being reduced to 256
colours, but poorly.  Is there any way to improve the appearance of these
graphics?

I have tried reducing the graphics to 256 colours, but then they don't
appear in the menus.  I have also tried reducing them to 256 colours then
back up to 24-bit, but that doesn't work either.  I think I have to reduce
them to a specific 256 colour palette, then up them back to 24-bit, but I
don't know which palette to use.

Anyone have experience or a pointer to info on this?

Thanks

Rob Prouse
http://www.tourofdutymod.com