It sounds like you are using the same slot/position as one of the HL
weapons.  There aren't many free slots, so you will have to find a free one
or remove some HL weapons.  Also, don't forget that the slot returned by
iItemSlot() is 1 based and the slot in p->iSlot is 0 based, so the one in
p->iSlot should be 1 less than the one in iItemSlot().  If all of this is
correct, check out my tutorial at
http://www.tourofdutymod.com/tutorials.php?sec=weapons and make sure that
you have completed all of the steps, you might have missed something small
in coding your weapon, especially if you are using the 2.2 SDK.

Rob Prouse
http://www.tourofdutymod.com