Microsoft extends their influence in publishing books as well eh?

1) Nope, C# is solely for the .NET platform, C++ is not. However, if
everyone moves to the .NET framework, then it might replace it, unless
all of the C++ people go and use Managed C++.

2) It's very different from C++ and I don't think that you can compare
the power of C# the language; you would have to compare it with the .NET
framework (where it gets its power). But I still see C++ as a superior
language (it doesn't need the .NET framework to succeed).

3) No, again, it's for the .NET framework which is a completely
different way of doing stuff. You could port it over, if Valve ports HL
over, but I don't we'll see that, ever.

>Furthermore, on the odd chance that everyone adopts .NET (which means
all
>the Linux users out there put XP on their boxes) then learning C# won't
be
>too tough with a strong C++ background.

Unless the developers compile their applications using iNET (it's an
application that converts MSIL to Java).