Fun.

1) This is a matter of opinion, but I seriously doubt it. C# is a
language targeted towards Microsoft's Language Independent, "Platform
Independent" Virtual Machine (known as the Microsoft .NET platform)

The C# design is specific to Microsoft, and requires a Microsoft .NET VM
to run (although it can be compiled straight to architecture-dependant
bit code)

It may be feasible that in the future, the Microsoft .NET platform will
dominate....HOWEVER, C# is a language DESIGNED to build Windows GUI
applications. C++ and VB code can also target .NET..

In other words: C# most likely won't dominate because it's specific to
one company and one type of application.  If .NET dominates, which isn't
a given (especially if you look at industry acceptance of other targeted
software VM's like Java), that doesn't imply C# will dominate as
programmers will likely keep using C++, which works fine for .NET, for
most serious projects.

2) I'd say no, but this again is a personal opinion. It's more powerful
in that you can design a nice looking GUI and work with Windows
components more quickly and efficiently.  However, this is also true of
Visual Basic when compared to C++, and I don't think that VB is more
powerful than C++.

3) No. Unlike the C/C++ relationship, where C++ is a superset of C (i.e.
any C program is a C++ program, but not vice-versa) C# is a C++
syntax-like language with almost completely new rules. Porting the SDK
to C# might be possible (and would be an interesting problem) but would
have several major hurdles - the first one being building an interface
from the engine, through the .NET framework, to the C# HL SDK

In conclusion, if you're learning how to program stick with C++.

It's a powerful language that gives you a firm grasp of OOP and computer
architecture.

Furthermore, on the odd chance that everyone adopts .NET (which means
all the Linux users out there put XP on their boxes) then learning C#
won't be too tough with a strong C++ background.

Hope this helps,

David