> Hi, does anyone know if and how we can detect the client's video mode from
> the server side, like via a Metamod plugin utilizing the HL SDK?
>
> We would like to know if the client is in software mode or 3D mode.
>
> Thanks in advance!

These seem to be stored in the Windows Registry....

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Valve\Half-Life\Settings

EngineMode - video display mode?
EngineModeH - video height
EngineModeW - video width
EngineModeWindowed - running Half-Life in a window

Looks like you'll need something running on the client's machine to suck stuff
out of the registry then send that to the server.

Jeffrey "botman" Broome