Multi-serve is actually not something new in the SDK, you've been able to do
it for a while.  What's new will be Ricochet, where you will see a specific,
operational implementation of it.

Now, speaking of this, is anyone already using trace groups in their mods
(pev->groupinfo, UTIL_SetGroupTrace(), etc)?  The reason I ask is because
I'm planning to change it a little bit and I want to make sure my changes
don't break anyone's code.  Basically right now, only sounds emitted by a
player entities are filtered by group.  Sounds emitted by other entities are
not filtered and are sent to all clients regardless of group.  I plan to
change this in the 1110 engine release so that all sounds are filtered based
on the emitting entity's group, regardless of whether the emitting entity is
a player or not.  I just want to make sure this is not going to be a problem
for anyone.  Speak up now if it is.

If you don't have any idea what trace groups are or if you are using them,
then this won't affect you at all.