Well, here's the WRITE_* bit, but this doesn't actually get called until
quite a bit after it actually spawns, and until well after the game has
actually started, so after the error occurs in singleplayer.

        MESSAGE_BEGIN( MSG_ALL, gmsgWeather, NULL );
                WRITE_BYTE( Current );
        MESSAGE_END();

I've tried changing Current to an unsigned char, an int, and a byte, to
no avail. There is an extern int gmsgWeather earlier in the file, and
when I look at it in the debugger, while the rest of the values go
completely bonkers (I can't even evaluate local variables anymore in the
MSVC debugger), gmsgWeather is 100.

Here are the corresponding defines of gmsgWeather, both in the normal
places that they should be:

int gmsgWeather = 0;
gmsgWeather = REG_USER_MSG("Weather", -1);

Again I don't know for sure that this message is actually the problem,
I'm simply guessing. By the way, there's another odd problem with this.
When I compile and run, the game crashes on singleplayer with the above
message, but if I start it up in debug mode, the game does NOT crash, it
goes right through, just like multiplayer.

Also, there's a couple of other odd problems. For example, we have a
streetlamp entity that is supposed to display a sprite at the top of the
lamp (a little glow sprite). Instead of each lamp displaying the sprite,
however, one lamp displays ALL the sprites for the entire level. That
is, all the lamps have no sprite except for one which has a major
sunburst.

Now, more recently, the sunburst has moved to a random BARREL, which
isn't even the same ENTITY. At this point, is it fair to say I should
just call shenanigans on the whole thing and start packing the stuff
into a new SDK, hoping that I'll get rid of whatever problems there are?
:) This SDK was extensively worked on by a guy who really didn't
understand anything about C++, so I'm highly worried that somewhere
there's some insane error (or something like a zillion char array),
hiding and snickering quietly at me, waiting for me to finally chance
across it.

(There is also a problem that occasionally the compiler will throw a
warning "Minor error in <C++ file that I was working on>.sbr ignored."
occasionally.)

Anyone who has seen these sorts of problems before, please help!

Persuter

I'm