Everything that botman just said is needed A LOT!!!!

Also, being able to send messages to clients that create effects, such as
messages that were in the const.h in HL1.  I see these exist in the te_*.cpp
files, but it's not possible for us to use.

It just seems like our capabilities are SEVERLY limited in the HL2SDK vs.
HL1SDK.  A lot of functionality has been removed.  Yes I realize they are
different, but I just assumed the same functionality that was given with
metamod would have been included in HL2, if not more.  My dreams of creating
a war3 MOD for CSS seem to be shattered b/c I cannot do much of anything
w/changing entities, creating effects, etc.. etc..

Also a function that would be GREAT!!!!

Is a function that is called BEFORE the engine processes the damage, so we
can modify the damage w/o having to change the user's health directly.  So
lets say I shoot someone with an M4 and it does 30 damage, I want to change
it to 40 before it is processed and the client's health is changed.

Thanks,
Josh