Please be very specific when talking about what is broken with the SDK.

We'll work on any problems or difficult areas that you're running in to.

Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ben Davison
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 5:30 AM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] HL2DM SDK in January or February?

I think it has todo with so much stuff that is broken or non
functional in the current SDK that has to-do with it.

I would rather have most of the "grunt" work done for me then having
to reimplement basic stuff like scoreboards or team menus. While I do
admit implementing it yourself is a great way to learn the ins and
outs of the engine, i'm sure most people would like a fully functional
base to work from.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 02:56:20 -0600, DOOManiac
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I get the impression that most people are wanting the "standard"
things
> to be there already for them, like scoreboards and teamplay systems
> (including voice icons and chat coloring and stuff), rather than
coding
> their own.
>
> For some beginners (I consider myself once, so perhaps I can speak for
> them, since I'm a dumbass) I also think a lot of it has to do with
just
> fear of putting work into something now, and not knowing what to do to
> merge the code later.
>
> I just want a fully working spectator mode cause I don't feel like
> fixing the broken one. heh
>
> ------------------
> Russell "DOOManiac" Weed
> ------------------
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ------------------
>
> Alfred Reynolds wrote:
> > The code for HL2DM won't be until February at the earliest. I am
> > interested as to why people want it. It doesn't contain anything
more
> > that the current SDK.
> >
> > The only real difference is has some HL2 weapons predicted (the
current
> > SDK has all its weapons predicted also) and it has a some more
examples
> > to work from. If you want to make a HL2DM clone or get more examples
> > then it will be useful, otherwise...
> >
> > - Alfred

Luis
> > Gonzalez Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 11:40 PM To:
> > hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com Subject: [hlcoders] HL2DM SDK in
> > January or February?
> >

> >>This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> >>--
> >>[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] The one million
> >>dollar question. Will Valve release HL2DM this month ??, any news
> >>about it??

- Ben Davison
- http://www.shadow-phoenix.com