antlion_dust.cpp i think is where you should be
looking, its the antlion partical emiter, and moves,
as well as updates its self when the ant lion flys,
lands, and digs its self up

--- Meow Mew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The problem seems to be slightly misunderstood.  My
> problem is not related
> to particles themselves not updating when I'm not in
> a line of sight.  It's
> the Emmitter that won't update it's position.
> Particles are still spewing
> out of the emmitter just fine, with all the values I
> expect.  The emmitter
> itself should be moving however.  It is derived from
> BaseEntity in a
> roundabout way, and should use it's moveparent and
> parent attachments to
> change it's position.  I'm not great at text art,
> but I'll give it a go to
> explain.
>
> Here are the particles emmitting from a hand
> attachment.  I parent the
> particles to the hand
> and set the parent attachment so that the emmitter
> immediately goes to that
> location.  This is what I want from the begginning.
> '    '
> '   '
> '  '
> '____
> | | | |
> | | | | |

> Now I animate the hand.  It moves right.  The hand
> moves, but the particle
> emmitter does not
> '    '
> '   '
> '  '
> '              ____
>               | | | |
>               | | | |-
>               | | | | |

> I don't understand this behavior.  A parented and
> attached entity should
> always update to the move parent.  What I WANT would
> be this.
>               '    '
>               '   '
>               '  '
>               '____
>               | | | |
>               | | | |-
>               | | | | |

> If I leave the vis leaf, and come back, the
> particles go to that location as
> to where the hand is in the animation.  However, it
> continues to not FOLLOW
> the hand as it continues to animate.  So if it goes
> even further to the
> right, or back to the left, once again the emmitter
> isn't in the right
> location to emit particles from.
>
> All tests are still being done with env_smokestack
> being parented to the
> anim_attachment_LH attachment of  Breen.  It has not
> worked with the
> env_fire either, both of which I desperately need.
>
> Tony \"omega\" Sergi wrote:
>
> >>There's a comment in the code somewhere about how
> for performance,
> >>particles
> >>aren't updated when they're not in view of the
> player.
> >>
> >>Look at the sparks for example, fire off the
> crossbow and as soon as it
> >>hits, turn away really quickly, pause for a couple
> [...]
http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=Retirement

--------

My Website http://www.ammahls.com
   Lead Programer NightFall http://www.nightfallmod.net/
      Developer of CST and ZHLT 3.0 http://www.zhlt.tk

This email has been sent from Adam McKern, and is not one of the many spam bots
that use my email address.

If you receive an email that has not got this signature line, please delete the
email, and not respond in any way to it.