When you are compiling the models, the smd's..do they have names such as
Fire.smd Fire01.smd Fire02.smd and so on. Now, are you sure that
the file has animations set to these? Otherwise, it would play lets say,
Fire.Smd's animation which is the correct, while the modelor left fire 01
blank, so on the next time it plays the animation it is now nothing..