We've had this in Ham and Jam for a while now and posted a vid of it
in HL2MP here:

http://media.putfile.com/First-Person-Ragdoll--FRAGDOLL

The only problem is the default HL2 ragdoll physics doesn't do it
justice and you really need to tweak them to set more realistic
weights and contraints so that the body falls properly. The other
issue is that when the eye viewpoint gets close to a surface it
sometimes clips so you can see through it.

Currently we have it set-up as a toggle so you can switch between
first/third person ragdolls as you like.

The code itself it fairly simple and just requires an extra 8 lines -
mail me if you want it.

- Jed

I did this a couple of weeks ago, it does look awesome (we'll be dropping
a video of it in a week or so). We managed it by using an attachment on
the model that could be used to get position / orientation for the
observer view.

A bit of fiddling with the observer code so it used the attachment when
viewing a dead player rather than the normal FP method and roberts your
mothers brother.

The most important thing is to ensure that players keep a handle to their
ragdoll when they die (the from scratch sdk is broken in that respect) - I
don't know what the HL2MP code is like for it, you'll also probably want
server side ragdolls to really take advantage of it.

Ging