OK good to know, we are using different processors for testing (some which
are Intel).  Sometimes the simplest solutions are best -- rate checking the
tick at 1 per .01 second did the trick.  The difference is not noticeable to
our eyes.

Just for my own well-being though, I'd love to hear any ideas for what could
cause the lag in dual core as opposed to single core.  So far my best
hypothesis is that the tick function we're using (ItemPostFrame()) is called
more often in dual core systems, causing too many servercmds to spawn.

Thanks for the assistance.