For me starting the model viewer and keep it running while compiling
models solved this problem.
-Archy

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi list!

this is probably a question for valve, but maybe one of you has hit it
before.  I'm trying to compile a new model, but studiomdl keeps crashing
on me:

C:\OffLimits\modelsrc\vehicles\greyhound>"C:\Program
Files\Steam\steamapps\keats
@off-limits.be\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin"\studiomdl.exe greyhound.qc
qdir:    "c:\offlimits\modelsrc\vehicles\greyhound\"
gamedir: "c:\program [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2\hl2\"

g_path:  "greyhound"
Working on "greyhound.qc"
SMD MODEL greyhound_reference.smd
SMD MODEL greyhound_physmodel.smd
SMD MODEL greyhound_idle.smd
SMD MODEL greyhound_turn.smd
SMD MODEL greyhound_suspension.smd
SMD MODEL greyhound_wheelspin.smd
Model has 20 convex sub-parts
Collision model completed.
---------------------
writing c:\program [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2\hl2\mod
els/vehicles/greyhound.mdl:
bones        15920 bytes (46)
animations    2720 bytes (24 anims) (30 frames) [0:07]
sequences     3420 bytes (10 seq)
ik/pose        344 bytes
eyeballs         0 bytes (0 eyeballs)
flexes           0 bytes (0 flexes)
textures        72 bytes
keyvalues      416 bytes
Collision model volume 5078298.00 in^3
collision        0 bytes
total        25796
ERROR: 'EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION' (assert: 1)
ERROR: Aborted Processing on 'vehicles/greyhound.mdl'

Is there any way to debug this further? studiomdl creates an empty file
for the mdl. I've tried finding errors in the model but came up empty so
far, and the error doesn't help much in that direction either.

Thanks for any info!

-- maarten