That easy huh?
It will have to wait for another day though, I decided to take it as an oppurtonity to start over clean and do some things better.

To Jonathan:
Are you guys aware that after running a map with a mod, then trying to run another(or the same after exit to main menu) will result in a crash? Crash reports prove it is trying to get experience from a NULL player pointer, easy enough fix, but there are some very fresh modders out there now, might help them out a lot if it was fixed up for em.

Considering the mod I'm working on is going to start(but expand later) with 2 characters, I'd been fiddling with the profiles to be able to select more than one at once, the idea hit me to just try using the same profile twice, surprised to see this worked without crashing or errors. Pleasant surprise, that way I don't have to change the profiles system and then change it later when there's more characters.

I have my own workaround for the .VPK problem that I'm using for now. Worked out quite well for me so far I simply search the solution for file.res of the file I need to edit, add my own prefix to it and voila, it won't load from the VPK and no large VPK needs to be dumped and kept up-to-date in my mod folder. It's viable for now, some notification about the VPK's and a link/example of dealing with the VPK may be nice to add on the VDC(if it's there, I haven't seen it yet), already spotted a new person trying to edit the hudlayout.res and not getting results because of not being informed about VPK like me. Not to mention someone going to great lengths editing 20+ files(or so he claimed) just to get the mining laser in the equipment loadout with some altered text.

While I'm at it anyway: Unlocks seem like they can work, aside from that XP may not be earned(just a guess) in mods(+it seems shared with the main game upon first mod launch? never updates after) as for Achievements, seen one mod that wanted them, but from what I'm guesing they'll be dissapointed, or can new achievements indeed be made and fully working(seems unlikely unless the mod gets Steamworks access).

Regards,
Yorg "DuckSauce" Kuijs

Tony "omega" Sergi wrote:
just compare the source from alien swarm\sdk_src to your mod source and
incorporate the changes, doing so fixes it, at least it did for me.

-Tony