This problem could be solved by allowing developers access to the closed
source filesystem dlls.

Or valve could actually program their closed source filesystem dlls with
MASSIVE verbosity. I mean line by line verbosity so that mod developers
know exactly what is happening when steam goes through each line of
gameinfo txt.

gameinfo.txt ---- produces zero output. It is controlled by a blackbox
software with no output only failure messages and obviscation..
please make it extremely verbose line by line so us developers wont have to
spend hours trying to figure it out...