as I understand it the interp value is just a maximum, and it doesn't
interpolate anywhere past the data it is receiving. So if you are
receiving data every 50ms, 20 updates a second, but getting 40fps,
25ms, it's not going to be interpolating anything beyond 25ms anyways
since you are getting real data for every second frame that gets
rendered. Is that not how it works in practice? I thought
interpolation only applied from <last update> through to the <next
update>, and had nothing to do with your ping/latency in that regard.
Just my theory, could be wrong. But I think the lag compensation is
kind of seperate from packet-to-packet interpolation.

--
Clayton Macleod