I know its a huge pain in the ass but I run a new directory
for every server and I can say it has saved me more then one
time. It does take a long time to make changes to the servers
but I like the simplicity of it. I'm not opposed to the system
you are proposing but it should have an on and off switch or
of the sorts.

Take care guys and enjoy this weekend ;)