Hello all,

I am having really odd behavior with sv_pure 1 settings.  I am running 4
servers, 3 are default and 1 is companion cube soccer.

The companion cube soccer's pure_server_whitelist.txt in the hl2 folder
contains the following,
whitelist
{
        materials\...           from_steam
        models\...                      from_steam
        sound\...                       from_steam

        models/props/metal_box.mdl              allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/props/metal_box.phy              allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/props/metal_box.dx80.vtx allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/props/metal_box.dx90.vtx allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/props/metal_box.sw.vtx   allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/props/metal_box.vvd              allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/goalposts.mdl                    allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/goalposts.phy                    allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/goalposts.dx80.vtx               allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/goalposts.dx90.vtx               allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/goalposts.sw.vtx                 allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/goalposts.vvd                    allow_from_disk+check_crc
        models/goalposts.xbox.vtx               allow_from_disk+check_crc

        materials/models/props/metal_box.vmt
allow_from_disk+check_crc
        materials/models/props/metal_box.vtf
allow_from_disk+check_crc
        materials/models/props/metal_box_skin001.vmt
allow_from_disk+check_crc
        materials/models/props/metal_box_skin001.vtf
allow_from_disk+check_crc
        materials/models/props/metal_box_exponent.vtf
allow_from_disk+check_crc
        materials/models/props/metal_box_lightwarp.vtf
allow_from_disk+check_crc
        materials/models/props/metal_box_normal.vtf
allow_from_disk+check_crc
        materials/models/tor.vtf
allow_from_disk+check_crc
        materials/models/tor.vmt
allow_from_disk+check_crc
}
To allow for the goal posts and cube models and materials.  This seems to
work most of the time.

The other 3 servers whitelist constain
whitelist
{
        materials\...           from_steam
        models\...                      from_steam
        sound\...                       from_steam
}
This also works most of the time.

The odd thing is, if players are in the cube soccer server and try to join
one of the regular servers they get the message.

Disconnect: Pure server: client has loaded extra file
[GAME]\materials\models\props\metal_box.vmt. File must be removed to play on
this server..

If they join the regular servers before joining the cube server they get in
fine.

This should not happen for sv_pure 1 servers.  I believe it should just
ignore all files on the clients machine and just load all files from steam.
Am I correct in the way sv_pure should behave.

Below is a dump of my in game console.  I join cube_soccer first and get in
ok.  I try to access any of the other servers after that and get the
Disconnect message and kicked.

Sorry for the long console message below.  I just want to make sure you all
understand what I mean.  Thank you all for your help in advance.

Regards,
Shadow

Connecting to 69.12.107.26:27015...
Connected to 69.12.107.26:27015

Team Fortress
Map: cube_soccer
Players: 1 / 32
Build: 3575
Server Number: 22

Got pure server whitelist: sv_pure = 1.
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring:
concrete/concretefloor006
|Think| .:ShadowMoses:. (STEAM_0:X:XXXX) connected from United States
[SM] Thank you for donating, please enjoy your privileges
|Think| .:ShadowMoses:. connected
Redownloading all lightmaps
Connecting to 69.12.107.28:27015...
Connected to 69.12.107.28:27015

Team Fortress
Map: pl_goldrush
Players: 5 / 32
Build: 3575
Server Number: 1

Got pure server whitelist: sv_pure = 1.
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/props/metal_box
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for
models/props/metal_box_skin001
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/tor
MDLCache: Failed load of .VTX data for goalposts.mdl
MDLCache: Failed load of .VTX data for props/metal_box.mdl
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/props/metal_box
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for
models/props/metal_box_skin001
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/tor
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/props/metal_box
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for
models/props/metal_box_skin001
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/tor
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/props/metal_box
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for
models/props/metal_box_skin001
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/tor
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/props/metal_box
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for
models/props/metal_box_skin001
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/tor
|Think| .:ShadowMoses:. (STEAM_0:X:XXXXXX) connected from United States
[SM] Thank you for donating, please enjoy your privileges
|Think| .:ShadowMoses:. connected
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/props/metal_box
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for
models/props/metal_box_skin001
CMaterial::PrecacheVars: error loading vmt file for models/tor
Redownloading all lightmaps
Disconnect: Pure server: client has loaded extra file
[GAME]\materials\models\props\metal_box.vmt. File must be removed to play on
this server..
Disconnect: Pure server: client has loaded extra file
[GAME]\materials\models\props\metal_box.vmt. File must be removed to play on
this server..

Connecting to 69.12.107.27:27015...
Connected to 69.12.107.27:27015

Team Fortress
Map: cp_dustbowl
Players: 1 / 32
Build: 3575
Server Number: 1

Got pure server whitelist: sv_pure = 1.
|Think| .:ShadowMoses:. (STEAM_0:X:XXXXXX) connected from United States
[SM] Thank you for donating, please enjoy your privileges
|Think| .:ShadowMoses:. connected
Redownloading all lightmaps
Disconnect: Pure server: client has loaded extra file
[GAME]\materials\models\props\metal_box.vmt. File must be removed to play on
this server..
Disconnect: Pure server: client has loaded extra file
[GAME]\materials\models\props\metal_box.vmt. File must be removed to play on
this server..

Connecting to 69.12.107.29:27015...
Connected to 69.12.107.29:27015

Team Fortress