I've seen some hacks to make the server framerate 9k+.

ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Matthew Gottlieb
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 7:50 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] 2003 or 2008

1000FPS? n00bs!
You clearly haven't seen the 2000FPS servers (I so WISH I was kidding...)

I played TF2 on a server running at 20FPS without any problems.  I don't see
why people bother with 1000FPS servers.  However you can sell a 1000FPS
server for a crapload of money...

But back to topic, L4D has a low capped FPS.

~ Mooga

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM, <mu...@anbservers.net> wrote:

> Quoting Blood Letter <bw_bloodlet...@hotmail.com>:
>

> Okay I already own this server with 2008
>
> I agree with you.  I run 5 l4d servers and use 1.9 Gigs of my ram. But
> I dont think I ever used more then 40% of the CPU  So I agree that I
> need more ram.  So I am about to cancel this one and order the lower
> package which is an X2(2 x 2.3 GHz)  with 4 gigs I think that would be
> more value for my money.
>
> I have another question snice it seems you guys are in a good mood
tonight.

> How bad is to overload little bit? What I mean is if I have 100 megs
> of ram left and I start another L4d server using ~ 200 megs (Assume
> these are all public l4d servers) Is it okay to over load the ram like
> that?
>

> > Are you joking?
> > I ran 4 L4D servers on an old dual core athlon, and it never got
> > over 50% CPU usage.
> >
> > L4D does not tax the CPU at all, despite all the hype about the
> > amazingly complex (yeah, right) AI Director.
> >
> > "1000 FPS!!!" servers are a joke.
> >
> >> Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 16:23:36 -0800
> >> From: mido...@gmail.com
> >> To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
> >> Subject: Re: [hlds] 2003 or 2008
> >>
> >> 4-5 concurrently.  I think your RAM is fine since your CPU is so small.

> 2003/2008?

> > Windows LiveT Contacts: Organize your contact list.

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/marcusatmicrosoft.spaces.live.com-Blog-c
ns!503D1D86EBB2B53C!2285.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_UGC_Contacts_032009<http://
windowslive.com/connect/post/marcusatmicrosoft.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns%2150
3D1D86EBB2B53C%212285.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_UGC_Contacts_032009>