Hi,

your first question "what is better" I would say 1., because
virtualisation adds overhead.

your second question: I would say Intel Q6600 or Q9450 with 4 gigs of
ram should be enough (with linux and right kernel config :).

Kveri

MAGUS wrote:
> Hi.. thanks.. i think windows is better to use.
>
> i've currenty one machine, with one physical OS running HLDS/cstrike/32
> slots..
> and other machine, with one physical OS running other 3 HLDS with: 16/14/12
> slots.
>
> what is better:
> 1: i run all HLDS in one phsyical OS?
> 2: virtualize two (or more) virtual OS and run the HLDS separately?
>
> wich a problem that i run all HLDS in one physical OS?
>
> last question (hehe):
> consider that i've get one DC for running this servers (list down), wich
> configuration that i would need for run all servers, with no problems?
> (processor/memory/bandwidth)
> - sv1: cstrike/30 slots;
> - sv2: cstrike/16 slots;
> - sv3: cstrike/14 slots;
> - sv4: cstrike/12 slots;
> - sv5: CSS/20 slots;
> - sv6: TF2/16 slots;
>
> -
> rody
>
> 2009/4/21 Zach Tate <z...@tomballtech.com>
>

>> I would first try to just get each server to run on one physical box,
>> that will cut down on power, and space in a data center.  (That is if I
>> understood how you have your current setup as, one box per game server).
>>  You can run more than one game server on a physical server.  It just
>> depends on how powerful your system is to determine just how many game
>> servers can run.
>>
>> As far as Linux vs. Windows, it just depends on how good you are in
>> Linux or Windows.  I would personally go with which ever you are able to
>> get around in like Alec said.  I find windows to be easier, but Linux to
>> be more fun and interesting.  Just make sure you know how to fix Linux
>> is something does go wrong.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Zach Tate
>> z...@tomballtech.com

Tato sprava bola prehladana na vyskyt virusov
a nebezpecneho obsahu antivirovym systemom
a zda sa byt cista.