You say you have no problem with "unique player characters to make you
stand out". That's exactly the problem I have with the halos - 95% of
people are wearing one. It's not even a very attractive hat, it's just
a glowing circle. When most people on a server are wearing one, it
looks silly and, for me at least, spoils the game's previously
excellent visuals.

-Dave