many thanks for that Alfred im changing the setting after i send this email..

Regards

Steve

On 31/01/2011 23:52, Alfred Reynolds wrote:
Try increasing the sv_max_queries_sec_global variable, its currently 3000/sec,
try 10k or more. This will effectively disable apart of the DoS protection
(making only the per-ip part work) but it should prevent squelching of the
connect packet.

- Alfred

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com [mailto:hlds-
boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of steve grout
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 1:20 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: [hlds] Improved engine handling of server queries ?

Since valve tried to do this we're still having issues if we do not
hide
the servers.  Where as before the server was under attack it used to
timeout for everyone it now, so it seems, just stops responding the the
ping (still can be queried using status).  That's great in that is
doesn't kill a game however one side effect is that, when the server
goes into this 'mode', if someone should have a network problem and
disconnect for any reason, they cannot rejoin the server, in fact no
one
can join the server until it's been restarted.

This happens on both our windows and linux servers. Are other people
experiencing the same thing?