A member of my community received a response from Fletcher in reply to an
email:

We’re hoping the nuclear option isn’t permanent, because it isn’t ideal.  I
cannot promise anything in particular or any time frame, but I can say that
we are looking for better solutions to this problem.  We understand that we
are basically using radiation to kill cancer.  But the player experience
was really bad and we felt it called for some immediate action.  We hope it
is not the long term solution.

- Fletch

Dr. McKay
www.doctormckay.com