From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of ics
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 4:43 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] TF2 - Spawnprotection vs "Giving gameplay advantage to
players"

It's a valid tactic. There should be visible indicator or barrier,
enough far from the enemy spawn area, so the enemy would know where not
to go to. However, as TF2 maps are designed, it wouldn't propably work
in the game.

Still, while talking with Andreas over Steam, i can see why his servers
should have that implemented, as community servers. If it's a problem on
his servers, it's something he can do. But it doesn't mean we all should
do that or get punished for doing that.

Quickplay rules just got more complicated because they don't explicitly
say what is forbidden and what is not.

-ics