> Which games still have this exploit?

All of them, including Team Fortress. The emphasis from Valve being to
try to fix TF first and leave the others playing catch-up. This is why
in the past I was very adamant about getting at-least the OrangeBox
games (240 especially) sync'd, if not for the crash fixes (which can
be exploited themselves) but for the RCE footprint. For instance, when
CS:GO shipped, a bunch of previous OrangeBox exploits worked out of
the box. This is the code that's given to a licensee, code that's used
internally. If the Portal 2 Cabal at Valve can't figure it out, a game
such as Titan Fall wouldn't stand a chance. Left 4 Dead (2) still to
this day has almost every single exploit from TF in it. Source is a
collection of templates, it's not an engine.

While no one has done it yet, the Garrysmod worm that made players
cough can easily apply here. This specific issue related to using the
Netchannel to move files to clients impacts not only Team Fortress,
but Dota 2 (I believe they pulled the function about a year ago?) and
other games where Valve has MM. I've given up security in this regard,
but leaving it completely open is not wise.

> Well you don't have to run valves code.
http://www.valvesoftware.com/SOURCE_InfoSheet.pdf You do realize this
is actually sold as a product, right? For a time when you became a
partner you were given access to mainline TF; obviously this is no
longer a thing.

Kyle.