On 28.07.2012 10:29, ics wrote:

If the server is assigned to one core only with taskset, you will see
spikes. I used to have them like that but valve made changes while
back. Now especially on map changes, server can easily chew a lot more

But, CPU spikes on map change would not give spikes in game, as players are transitioning.

cpu than normally. You also need to have atlest 600 megs memory free
in order to have smoothly running server.

Got plenty of RAM, and I am not restricting to any CPUs

/Peter