Policy of truth has been around for a long time now.
And valve has banned (sometimes temporarily) other tag violations. Same
thing can be done for respawn times.

I also experience players who join and rage about respawn time. I always
tell me it is how valve has set it and how quickplay requires yet.
They don't care about that though "because other quickplay servers have
fast respawn".

Fast/instant respawn is much more detrimental to game balance than things
like increased maxplayers. I don't know why they don't want to deal with
this.
Perhaps its because there is no easy automated way of detecting this, thus
would take too much effort.