From: hlds_linux [mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf
Of A Fearts
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:56 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Mandatory TF2 update released

I noticed you also changed:

sv_use_steam_voice So it defaults to: 0
sv_voicecodec So it defaults to: vaudio_celt

When testing these setting a month or so when it was in BETA stages I noticed a
few issues. I would set these setting and restart the server to make sure it
set everything properly. For most people their Mic quality is improved however,
a significant minority of players were have a issue. When they tried to talk it
sounded very quite to the point where you can almost not hear them.

I don't think this is a issue with the new Voice Codec but with setting Steam
Voice to 0. I remember a issue like this happening to some people when I would
set this to 0 in the past. Now that it's seems you are making these options the
new standard is there any information you can give us as to why this may be
happen to certain players and how to fix it?

Thanks for the update and have a happy holiday.