> For example, I have customized the look-and-feel of the various show
> pages in my app, but they all follow the same flow with only some
> minor variations. So, I was able to easily extend the "show-page" tag:
>
> /view/taglibs/application.dryml
> <extend tag="show-page" polymorphic>
>  <page merge-attrs>
>    <content: param>
> <!-- content goes here -->
>    </content:>
>  </page>
> </extend>

Yes, good idea. A couple of points:

   - When extending, you should give the 'merge' attribute, not 'merge- 
attrs', so that any parameters passed to your new tag are forwarded to  
<page>

   - As you're not calling <old-page>, you are not extending <show- 
page>, you are really redefining it. So it would be better to just do  
<def tag="show-page" polymorphic>

> Now, let's say we have a "Widgets" model, which needs a little
> customizing for the show-page. Should I make a new tag:
>
> /view/taglibs/application.dryml
> <def tag="show-page" for="Product">
>  <!-- customizing goes here -->
> </def>

You mean for="Widget", right?

> Or should I create a new show.dryml page:
>
> /view/widgets/show.dryml
> <show-page title="Widget">
>  <!-- etc etc etc -->
> </show-page>

I would create the show.dryml file. That's the place people expect to  
look for the custom page.

In general I would say you should only define a tag if either:

  - It will be called from more than one place, or

  - Some other page or tag is getting too big and you want to break  
part of it out to improve clarity

Tom


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to