I've managed to get an Hobo app running on Dreamhost without any
stress. The secret is to keep hobo as a plugin.

Mind that dreamhost is both very cheap than very slow.

TF

On Jan 28, 8:43 am, Tom Locke <[email protected]> wrote:

On Jan 28, 9:07 am, Matt Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2009, at 3:37 AM, Tom Locke wrote:
>
>
>
> > Yep Engine Yard is the gold standard, and prices accordingly.
>
> > I've been very impressed by slice-host. Simple, cheap, does what it
> > says on the tin. Very nice control panel. Choice of linux distros.
> > It's bare-bones though, but that's what I'm after.
>
> +1 on slicehost - I've been working on a couple sites there for a while.
> As Tom said, bare-bones, but they have a good collection of guides to  
> get things set up.
> Plus, there's a lot of good tutorials on their site to get things up  
> and running.
> Finally, there's a set of Capistrano tasks 
> (http://github.com/josh/slicehost/tree/master
> ) that
> looks like it can automate most all of the setup stuff. Haven't used  
> them, but they are
> actively developed.
>
> --Matt Jones
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to