I am just looking for opinions, here. I have until June 1st to get an
application on-line, or they will burn my house down.

I have to write an application with 15 related tables, which already
exist. Appearance is second to ease of use, since it is strictly in-
house. The application is a time tracker for projects -- but our
projects consist of overlapping subprojects broken up geopolitically
or by funding sources, assigned across in-house and contractor
providers. We need to be able to retrieve reports by geopolitical
entity, or by funding groups, or by project, or by contractor,
or . . . There are four user roles -- Project Manager, Group Leader,
Producer and Administrator (the $ folks.) with different permissions.

Further background: I've used Rails since the 1.2 release, IIRC. I
guess I'm solid, but not flashy. If the documentation were more
comprehensive, I'd probably be a little more comfortable switching,
but . . .

Your opinions as people who've already climbed the Rails-to-Hobo
learning curve sure would help me make up my mind. I am especially
concerned about the fact that my tables already exist -- does Hobo
depend on a blank slate? Do I stand a better chance of keeping my job
by coding my brains out in Rails, or by learning Hobo and then coding
my brains out in that? Will Hobo add enough to my coding speed to pay
back the learning curve?

Ron
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to